The winners of the AstroArt Contest for both Primary and Secondary categories have emerged. They are as follows:
- 1st Position, Primary Category- Cornelia Uzuezi Egbodor (+2348023160109)
MOTIVATION: This painting is an imaginative art of the first Nigerian astronaut to go to the moon. It shows that we as Nigerians can do anything we put our mind to do, and the sky is not the limit, but a checkpoint in our journey to the top. This is the visual representation of the saying,’Reach for the sky.’ The Nigerian flag on the moon signifies Nigerians leaving a significant mark, never to be forgotten, wherever we go.
2. 2nd Position, Primary Category- Okeke Priscilla (+2348034731961)
MOTIVATION: Most stories or movies show aliens as bad people but in this story An astronaut meets an alien and they quickly become friends and at that moment the astronaut was showing the alien some stars and their names.
3. 3rd Position, Primary Category- Obi-Ukpabi Einstein (+2348060039484)
MOTIVATION: Whenever i imagine space i equally marvel at the cutting edge technology that encourages man on his curiosity. At home i sit paying apt attention to the Television screen i see large rockets boring holes in the sky, i see satellites and space probes, they are all amazing i also see how everyone in the mission control jubilates and jump for joy whenever a satellite arrives safely on Earth’s orbit. So when i heard about the competition i thought it would be a great idea to incorporate blasting off of rockets into my painting and i sure do hope it wins!
- 1st Position, Secondary Category- Ajibade Oluwatobi Taiwo Joseph (+2348036789714)
MOTIVATION: What inspired me to do this painting was my dream to become an astronaut to discover more about space and UFO’s.
2. 2nd Position, Secondary category- Binogun Shulammite (+2348033042743)
MOTIVATION: MY IMAGINATION OF OUTER SPACE
I am in love with space, which makes most people consider me as a nerd. I consider space as place that is dazzling, complex but in apple – pie – order.
In my minds eye, I see myself in space, and I see space as a field where gravity is no king, filled with wonders like planets, over sextillion stars etc.
The most intriguing fact is that only 4 percent has been explored, the remaining 96 percent has not been seen, I think that’s amazing and I’ll love to explore its uniqueness and beauty someday.
3. 3rd Position, Secondary category- Chizitere Okorie (+2348033026136)
MOTIVATION: This image captures everything that makes our galaxy spectacular.
The planets – unique in their beauty, differing shapes and sizes. The stars look minuscule to the graceful sun but serve a similar purpose to other solar systems.
The odd-looking, outer-worldly aliens and their ships built to enter the earth’s atmosphere; and creatures feared because of their ability to consign us in jars; or feed us to their ravenous mutations.
The human inventions created for space exploration is the complicated telescopes for stars study; space shuttles; astronauts and NASA who never give up, but have through science conquered frontiers never before known.
We have equally great paintings as well from 4th to 10th positions in each of the 2 categories who will be getting consolation prizes. The motivation story behind each of these paintings are amazing!!! Entries were graded on the paintings and motivation stories.